“Open Access” means free availability of research articles on the public internet, permitting (without restriction) any users to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of these articles.
All articles published under Open Access can be accessed by anyone with internet connection. Prudent Journals strongly supports the Open Access initiative. Abstracts and full texts of all articles published by Prudent Journals are freely accessible to everyone immediately after publication.
Who benefits from Open Access?
- Increases your ability to find use relevant literature
- Increases the visibility, readership and impact of your work
- Creates new avenues for discovery in digital environment
- Enhances interdisciplinary research
- Accelerates the pace of research, discovery and innovation
- Contributes to core mission of advancing knowledge
- Democratizes access across all institutions – regardless of size or budget
- Increases competitiveness of academic institutions
- Enriches the quality of their education
- Ensures access to all that students need to know, rather what they (or their school) can afford
- Contributes to a better-educated workforce
- Access to cutting-edge research encourages innovation
- Stimulates new ideas, new services, new products
- Creates new opportunities for job creation
- Provides access to previously unavailable materials relating to agriculture, health, energy, environment, and other areas of broad interest
- Creates better educated populace
- Encourages support of scientific enterprise and engagement in citizen science
- Leverages return on research investment
- Creates tool to manage research portfolio
- Avoids funding duplicative research
- Creates transparency
- Encourages greater interaction with results of funded research.